Well yesterday I thought it was going to pour rain – it did start sprinkling while I was at the bus stop – so I decided to not run. Plus my hammie was a bit tight, so I figured I might benefit more from doing a short treadmill jog and then lots of stretching to see if I could shake lose some of the sorenes. Well — it never ended up raining, so I was a little perterbed (sp?) to say the least. :splat: I did do some stretching and it helped out a bit.
Today I started my split runs. I figured after chatting with some people that it'd probably be better to do these for now, rather than trying to hit a pace for SE2, failing, and then screwing myself over for later. The scheduled workout was 3x300m (150/150), but I only did 2.
1 – 17.47 – 1 min – 20.69 = 38.16
2 – 18.12 – 1 min – 22.63 = 40.75
As you can see, my endurance is down at the moment, especially in the presence of LA.
After my second superset I could hardly walk :barf: , so I decided to call it quits and be content with running two pretty good 300's as it is. I'm going to stick with the 300's for now, or at least until I can hit both in <39 seconds at the very least. So, I'm looking at doing 150/150 or 200/100 for the next 2-3 weeks at the least, then moving into 400m splits (200/100/100), all at about race pace.
Workout was great. I could really feel the burn. I liked being able to let loose and run fast finally. I like my first 150m speed, now it's just working on that second 150m and eventually the second 200m of my 400 that I need to address.
To sum it all up (as a buddy of mine puts it 😉 ) – I made myself better today.
I also decided to start incorporating tempo work into my program as well, starting tomorrow. I think it'd help me a lot as far as recovering seeing as how my workouts are now going to get a bit more intense, and especially now that I'm going to be competing regularly. So tomorrow I'll be running 3x600m all in a pretty easy pace with about 3 min rest. I'm seriously looking forward to it.
FYI – I may not get to compete at my meet next weekend b/c they changed the spot of the meet, so now it's farther away and I'll need a ride which may be out of the question seeing as how my mom may have to work that day. We'll see. I'll keep updated. If push comes to shove, then I'll just do a test next week sometime. But, I hope I get to compete. 🙁