Sunday, June 17, 2012
USATF Midwest Masters Regional – Carroll University
1. Short Warmup B
2. Dynamic Flex: Merrill (10x)
3. Sprint Dev: Bride (2 x 30m)
4. Hurdle Mobility: Dynamic (2 x 8H)
5. Specific Warmup
7. 400m (alt. 50m skip, 50m walk)
I competed in the 100m and I’m happy with my performance overall. The meet began at 9 am. I decided my warm up should begin at 8:30 am. The meet didn’t start until 9:15 or so. A few late registrants came and they held the meet up. My warm-up turned into a 2 hr marathon warm up. It honestly didn’t phase me. My game plan for the race was to race through 60m and run easy the rest of the rest. Just put together a solid race. Instead I took an easy accel through 40m. Once I hit 40m I put in a hard 20m effort and ran free, easy and smooth the rest of the way. I finished with a 10.93. I feel good about what I accomplished.
1. I made it through healthy and crossed that mental hurdle.
2. I put in a solid effort and cruised to a 10.93. Compared to last year at USA Nationals, I ran 10.92 and pushed through 80m and shut down. I put in less effort Sunday.
3. I was told I ran like someone who knew they were going to win.