Wanted to thank everyone for taking the time to share their observations and in providing input.
Here’s what I’m going to try:
1) Move him “in” a bit from 13’6″ to 12’6″ or so…
2) Will have to adjust his other mark (44′) accordingly
3) Will put an additional mark at his 5th step to mark the beginning of the turn.
4) If we were outdoors – I’d chalk the radius for him – but probably use some cones to help him visualize the turn.
5) Focus on keeping him on the appropriate radius turn throughout the approach – including the penultimate and take off steps.
6) Have to work on getting him to keep his head & shoulders back a bit longer in the jump – until his hips have rotated past the bar. I’d like him to have a visual reference to help his kinesthetic awareness.
Nothing to it!
Dan – always enjoy your humor! Thanks for your input…