Here are some tips from CF site from a guy who always seemed to know what he was talking about.
here are some guidelines:
-processed food bad
-whole food good
-protein at every meal
-veggies or fruit at every meal
-veggies are better than fruit
-get protein (20-35 grams per meal) from these sources: eggs whites, beef, bison, chicken, turkey, any seafood not packed in low grade oil (ie cotton seed), try to keep these sources as unprocessed as possible so that means turkey breast you cook is better than deli meat but deli meat is better than no protein at all.
-eat every 3-4 hours
-make sure you eat right after you wake up and be sure this meal has protein in it!
-yes egg beaters are ok
-make sure you eat within 30 minutes of a work out
-even though you are trying to shed some BF a recovery drink is recomended, NEVER sacrafice workout quality ever, you an athlete not a figure model
-if you need bread or wraps look for gluten free
-cheese is ok as a topping not as a meal (ie no yogurt or cottage cheese)
-salad dressing (within reason) is ok for now, keep them as natural as possible
-eat stir frys at night for dinner and pack the rest for lunch the next day
-if you can eat 2-4 egg whites before bed, the reasons that this is good are too many to mention, if you cant do eggs, just a little plain whole food protein from any source will do
-a high quality protein powder is ok once and a while (no more than once a day) if you are using it post workout use a whey isolate, if you are using it at meals for a protein substitute look for a “blend” meaning a mix of whey proteins or different forms of protein.
-follow these rules 85% of the time and dont be a total dumbass the other 15% you will get where you want to go
-supplement with 2000mg of “ester vitamin c”, a high quality multi vitamin (one a days dont cut it) and a high quality fish oil (ask for recommendations if you have no clue), vit D3, B-12, i also take 800ius if vit E