Your training program looks haphazard. I know the world of traveling and working all the time, but am curious… What are your goals for the year and…
1. What is your general progression trying to achieve (44 second 350 at this stage in the year indicates you are gearing toward a pretty quick time) but what are your cycles working towards?
2. What do you do for work?
3. Why are your OL’s so weak relative to squats? Are you doing short ROM squats, or are you just not pushing it on OL’s – and if so (either answer) why?
1. My training, for the last month, has been pretty haphazard. This isn’t my first cycle of training though. I’ve been training since August. August and September went smoothly, but October’s been nuts. October probably would have run more according to plan if I hadn’t gotten sick right at the beginning in the month followed by a slew of work travel.
August and September were geared more towards GPP. October was geared for acceleration development and building endurance off the past two months.
In general I’d like to get back to 21.0 range in the 200m and get into the 47’s for the 400m.
2. I’m a geologist, and do a lot of federal government work. So I go all over the country.
3. Today was my first foray into OL’s since last season. Those numbers will go up fast. For Squats ROM is parallel to ground (I have really long legs and a short torso, so I tend to fall over when I go for the deep stuff with big weights).