1. Tech Development – Front of circle work on shot put – working on not fouling, and getting better timing on my reverse.
2. Warm-up: Jog, Walking Stretch, Hurdle Mobility, sprint drills, 2×30, 2x60m build-ups
3. Bounding – 4xLRLR with 10m run in in flats
4. HJ approach + take-off – x6-8
5. Special Endurance:
a. 120m at 15.0
b. 320m at 40.8!
c. 220 at 30.x
Really stoked about the 320. 40.8 s moving (51.0 pace) for practice on my own and on a wet track. I felt strong at the end too. Took 15-20′ recovery before running the 220, but was still just not feeling up to getting after it, so just did it as a technical rep.
1. Hang Clean – 2×135-185-205; 1×235-245-255-265-275
a. Bench – 135 (5); 185 (5); 225 (4); 245 (1+)
b. A2G Squat – 135 (5); 205 (5); 255 (4); 275 (3); 305 (1)
c. L-Pull-ups – 5-5-5-5-10
Pleased with a 275# Hang Clean and 305# deep squat. Bench was frustrating. I think my incline is better than my flat bench right now. My shoulder just starts giving out halfway through the rep with flat pressing. Overhead and incline doesn’t bother it. I am stronger than I’ve been, just cannot bench press at the moment.
Have loved the few weeks off work, training more how I would if it were my job. Big thing is not rushing through workouts, but rather taking real recoveries, rest between sessions, etc. Will begin tapering next Monday.