Some other names that you should know that are synonymous with the term "sprints" …
1. Carl Lewis ( this guy is a crazy long jumper, won lots of medals in this event. Crazy sprinter as well. Won olympic gold medals for the 100, 200, long jump, as well as being the anchor for the 4×100 US relay team )
2. Ben Johnson ( this guy is infamous for his steroid abuse during the seoul 1988 olympics where he set a world record for the 100m (9.79s) but was later stripped of the medal when he was discovered to be using steroids )
3. Michael Johnson ( Probably my favourite sprinter of the whole group. This guy is the first guy to hold olympic gold medals in the 200m AND the 400m events AT the SAME olympics (1996 atlanta olympics) …why do i like this guy so much? It has got to be his running style… Its a running form that most track coaches out there will plead with you to change… (at least mine tells me that his form is bad) …but the thing is he still blazes the track with it…so…if it works it works…his running form is one of the most unique of all sprinters…heh heh….he runs while leaning slightly backwards…)
4. Jesse Owens ( Don't really know a lot about this guy except that he won a ton of gold medals at one shot at a particular olympics quite some time ago…a legend among track circles )
5. And who can forget Maurice Greene? he used to hold the 100m world record till tim broke it.
Oh yeah…there's also frankie fredericks but i don't really know what he's famous for…maybe u can do some research on him when u 'r interested?
Well that's about all for the great legends of sprints i guess….