ive stumbled over lots of different views etc. so ill post what i wanna take home:
a) piston like movement over first 10-20m
– pushing motion, ground contact behind COM (or at least…er…you get the point)
– pushing leg being fully extended
– strong arm movement, especially drivearm out of the block
– body kept in line with force vector (?!) -head in line, upper body not bent over excesivly
– takeoff angle adequate to athletes strength
– step length dependant of athletes strength
– adequate frequency= as fast as possible while considering the above
b) gradual transition to stepping over opposite knee into maxV mechanics…
– transition determined by speed being achieved, letting things happen naturally
– armmovement decreasing
– blablabla, whatever
– out of blocks:
– a forcefull pushing action, like jumping out of the block?
– controlled smaller steps gradually increasing?
– above depending on athletes strength?
– do we produce force with both or just the front leg?
– valsalva for the initial step, first few steps, complete accl. phase?
– controlled exhale throughout acc. phase?
– dude, your thinking too much…?
any thoughts are very welcome. id like to have the complete practical knowledge on block starts and accel. phase in this thread… :smug_b: