So I met with a private coach the other day and want to get some feedback on some of the things he told me. My goal is to run the 100 and 200 at school starting in Januaray. I asked the coach about training and here is some of the things he told me.
– Technique is key. He seems to be big on working on technique.
– Early in the training he says we will run longer distances, like miles and hills. I asked him if he meant sprinting on hills and he said no.
– After hills/miles we start adding in bleacher runs.
– Later runs on the track are added with the bleachers, then bleachers are phased out in favor of speed work.
– He said he would design my program with a specific goal in mind. He said for me that goal would be making it to states. I got the idea from talking to him that he understands how to periodize and how to get runners peaking at certain times.