Years ago I had a training journal here as I was competing post collegiate. You can find it here if you’re bored – https://elitetrack.com/forums/topic/josh-hurlebaus-400m-training-journal/
After 6 (I think) years, I have decided get back into training.
In the years since posting, I have since:
- Graduated from WVU with my MS in Coaching
- Gotten married
- Stopped training for anything.
- Had our first child, Finn. He is a complex congenital heart patient who is just about to have his 3rd surgery ( as of 8/1/2020).
With Finn’s health being overall good (all things considered) and my life in a place where I can dedicate time to training, I figured I should start a journal to keep myself honest and accountable.
- Weight- 188lbs
- Height- 6’1″ ( I don’t imagine this changing lol)
- PC- 245
- Vertical- 26 inches
For my gym/facilities I have:
- Olympic platform/bar/hex bar/bumper plates
- Squat rack/bench/etc
- Homemade flywheel (the OKbox)
- Pulley machine/isolation machine
- Treadmill/rower/spinbike/upright climber
- Back extension
- Heavy bag/speed bag/sparring bag
- 8/12/15lb medballs
- kettlebells from 25-60lbs
- Exergenie that I will use for resisted sprints when its time
- I live on a hill
I will be using the Push Strap to keep track of lifting metrics. I won’t be timing sprints until much further into training.
Hopefully the speed is still somewhere deep within. I’m looking forward to this journey into having less of a dad bod and more of a father figure. Beware of horrible dadjokes within.