Is there any reason why using similar type tempo running that Hart uses for the 400m wouldn't also work for the 800m?
Using these theories for the 800m
heartsonfire on October 22, 2006 at 12:21 am #57670
for the 800m you are training very different energy systems and the demands of racing the 400m vs. 800m is completely.
Mike Young on October 22, 2006 at 10:49 am #57672
I think it would work just fine. In fact with a little increased volume and the addition of an extra weekly continuous tempo run I think it would be a great setup for half milers.
i have some questions about the program ( that i started a couple of days ago ).
1. I don't know if i didn't understand or if it's a mistake, but on the period of Mid Season (March-April ), on Wednesday the 4th and 5th exercise are exactly the same ( 8 x 100 short hill runs speed fast/rest walk back ) ( if it was the same he should of write 16 X 100 short hill ….).
2. how much rest do they take between exercise ( for example between 3 x 300 Speed 50 sec./rest 1 minute and 5. 3 x 300 Speed 40 sec./rest 5 minutes ).
3. this program is done with shoes or spikes
4. in one of your articles, it is said that the weight training is done in the morning at 10am and in the program it's listed as the last exercises ( and seem more logical to do the weight training after and not before running).
thank you and sorry for my English
im a 47s quarter miler from Quebc city in Canada ( we speak french her !!!)
4) Michael johnson did his weights from 9am till 10am.
2) MJ used to try and have as short a rest as possible betwwen his sets, so as soon as you feel capable of completing the next set.
3) not sure, but i would think most of the actual speed work would of been done in spikes?? after the warm up etc of course.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.